Menow Kissproof Lipstick Review

10:38 PM

This is probably a very very late post since the hype of the Menow Kissproof crayon lipstick already died down. But nonetheless, I would still share my thoughts on this.

Menow kissproof is a cheap (Php 60) lipstick manufactured in China which promises their product to be long lasting, pigmented, and moisturizing. Due to this, I got curious and immediately bought one in Shopee. I chose #09 which is a nude pink lip color (a perfect MLBB shade).

The lipstick came in a box with a little peephole so you can see the color of the product (sorry, I already threw the box and I forgot to take a picture it). They also included a leaflet about their other products. The one I bought, looked like a crayon with a cap.




So moving on to the lip swatch! It's a little hard to glide on the lips. There's a little tugging that happened and it feels a little sticky at first. But upon drying, the stickiness was gone and it felt powdery and light weight. It's as though you didn't put anything on your lips. The downside is it enhances creases of your lips. So if you have dry lips, I suggest you put on a lip balm before this. Check the picture below. That was how it looked on my lips.


MY BARE LIPS WITH CARMEX


MENOW KISSPROOF SWATCH

After 2 hours upon application, the lipstick still looks and feels the same. Well, I kind of slept in the car while travelling so it would really stay the same (unless I was drooling HAHA, but I wasn't so yeah).


AFTER 2 HOURS

After 4.5 hours upon application, the lipstick started to go off. It felt like there were crumbs on my lips. It was really bothering. I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture below.


AFTER 4.5 HOURS

After 5 hours upon application, some parts were a little faded and more crumbs appeared. This time was also after I ate dinner. As you can see in the picture below, most of the color faded along the inner lip, probably because I ate dinner. (Uh-oh, I probably ate some of the product 😨)


AFTER 5 HOURS

After 8 hours upon application, probably around 50% of the product was gone. Well to be fair, that was after 8 hours. Eight hours without retouch! So definitely, the product would be gone.


AFTER 8 HOURS

When I got home, I tried to do a retouch to check how it would look. Well, it's a good thing I didn't do that earlier. It looked and felt bad. It looked very thick and felt like there were humongous crumbs stuck on your lips as a design. So I guess, retouching for this lipstick is a no-no. You have to take it off completely before put on a new layer.


AFTER RETOUCH

So for me, I wouldn't buy one of this again. This is probably good for make up tutorials where you get to wear it for only a short time. But if you're looking for an everyday lipstick or an event lipstick, I do not suggest buying this. It looks and feels good at first but once it goes to the crumbs part, it's a nuisance.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram